www.flickr.com

Monday, June 13, 2011

Wrong Place - Wrong Time

On Thursday last week my Mother and Sister inlaw were put into prison. No just cause, just that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is a saying in Africa that when two elephants fight, it is the grass beneath them that gets damaged. This is such a case, a case where those who hunger for greed and money cause pain and distress to those that do not have the power. My family are caught between the gap of two fighting beasts and they are paying the price.

These are my people, so far away and I am helpless and unable to help. It is so hard to feel things are going on to those who you love and respect and there is very little you can do about it. Helplessness in The Gap also brings fear and bad things can happen. I will therefore try to do what I can to help and be as strong and as positive as I can. The oppressors cannot and will not win!

http://www.ippmedia.com/frontend/index.php?l=30029

No comments:

Post a Comment