www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Poems from the Gap 2


You could see history in the lines of her eyes
Her children in the shape of her breasts
Burden of the earth on the soles of their feet
Her beads tell me a story, one which I shall keep

A time where her father’s wishes came true
A time where there was water and food
Only to be filled with dust and heat
Across vast distances of time and space

Now we stand face to face, I follow her journey
Filled with pride and sorrow as I hold her hand
And study the burden of the earth on the soles of her feet
Her beads tell me a story, one for each day, one which I shall keep
***
I am a wave at sea, longing for the shore
I am angry with the world, having decided to kill it
with love and nothing more
***
this is not my journey
I am just passing through
this space between
the ghosts and shaddows
shared with you
***
A bird perched on a bridge railing
Ready to jump
Suicide is never the best option
For the plagiarisms of life

No comments:

Post a Comment